View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 12:09 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
No mobi support and I wonder if pdf means DRMed pdf?

Interesting that Windows CE is the operating system, you should be able to install MobiPocket and eReader if I'm not mistaken.
I suspect there is no PDF DRM in this product. It seems devoid of any real eBook support. As you say there is no real eBook software present. Hopefully we'll be able to get to the OS and install what we need although there is a lot less programs available for WinCE than for Window Mobile (see wiki for difference).

Note that the original post left out the best eBook format available on this product, that being CHM. CHM and PDF together targets this as a product for techinical documentation, perhaps text books.

I also noticed that the description on the web site says: "Read in the dark without damage your eyesight (not TFT back lit mode)" I wonder how they are going to make good on that promise. The specs do not include the statement and a light of any type is not mentioned in the included items.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote