View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
Steven630
Groupie
Steven630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite2
Merging recipes?

Is it possible to merge several recipes and let them produce one single book? Say, I have a recipe downloading BBC Asia News, and then one NYT Asia News. What I want is an output that has two sections (one BBC Asia and one NYT Asia) rather than two books.

Of course, the obvious choice might be to copy and paste the two recipes and make it a single one. But it's not like you're downloading from, BBC Asia and BBC UK when, because all the contents come from the same website, it's pretty easy. The problem that may occur when simply "combining" the two recipes is that different websites are designed differently. For example, BBC may have the titile in h1 (h2 for byline), while NYT may have it in h2 (h3 for byline). In two separate recipes, I can set font size h1 of BBC and h2 of NTY to large. But when combining them it seems impossible.

So is there a way to merge several recipes and let them produce a book that take each single recipe as a section while maintaining the remove tags or extra css setting for each recipe?

If this is out of the question, can I merge the outputs after downloading? (That is, make a new book out of existing books, taking each book as a section of the new book and the book titles, as section titles.)
Steven630 is offline   Reply With Quote