View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Mriswith2k
Mriswith2k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
suggestion to change the default 'not' search behavior

I've been using Calibre for a while now without really exploring the saved search filters, and basicly had one big view of all the books.
I've Lately though started using (search) to filter and organise my books by searching using custom colums like 'Read'/'To Get' and also 'On Device'/'Tags' and so forth.
And one thing I'm finding mighty annoying is that when you select multiple searches, and use the 'not' trigger, it does a 'or not' search instead of 'and not'. example:
If I want to search my Action Genre for any Undread Books instead of turning into a
Code:
search:"=Genre:Action" and not search:"read:yes"
search that would give me all my unread Action Books.
It instead turns into
Code:
search:"=Genre:Action" or not search:"read:yes"
that gives me all my Action books and all my unread books.
My Suggestion would be to add a tweak that changes the behavior when doing a 'not' search into 'and not' from being 'or not'.

I also got another suggestive tweak and that is to add a tweak to make 'Author_Sort' only use the first Author it finds when sorting by 'Author' - 'Series', as the current behavior is quite messy for series with multiple authors for example:
Spoiler:

instead of how it currently turns out:
Spoiler:

I used to use a regular expression search to remove all the Authors after the first from Author_sort (Got the suggestion from here), but since I earlier today messed it up and had to manually rename 600 books :P (also starting to take a while due to a bigger library).
I thought I should just suggest a permanent solution.

Last edited by Mriswith2k; 03-18-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Mriswith2k is offline   Reply With Quote