View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #42
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
Thanks!! These review that you privide will be the same for the PB902?

What is the diference on the Keyboard? the PB902 is not touch screen

The interface font is changeable on the PB902, but I do nto know if this applies also to the pdf file that cannot open using the PDFviewer.

thanks!

TO all: any impressions on the PB902 FW upugrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
hi skydive,
finding the changes was a bit of research, because there was no Changelog or Release Note. I compared it to the 2.0.4 version which was released in December. Compared to that version there is nothing ground breaking new. There has been some discussion in this thread.
Very frustrating actually, because in a nutshell, none of the bugs or feature request seem to be integrated.
After playing with the firmware for a good while now, I have noticed the following two "major" changes:
1) You can use and seletec the font yourself for the interface.
2) the onscreen keyboard looks a bit more fancy (at least on the 903).
3) remove packages
4) improved pocketnews

further comment to 1): initially I was frustrated because I thought they just changed the default font. and unfortunately the font which was selected was a very low contrast one. So this became a nice surprise when I noticed that you can actually change this font in the settings now.

further comment to 3): apparently you can deinstall packages now (I haven't tested it).

For me it was rather annoying (as mentioned now many times in various threads) to learn that the games folder was not renamed but deleted and a new folder was created with the name applications. Now, over at the German forum, I report the progress on the development of an really improved RSS Newsreader (which downloads the whole articles and processes them). And I had in my "games" folder some prototype scripts which are all gone now . This obviously could have been avoided with an official change log.
Actually at this point I want to say a big thank you to LoneTech and sergeyvl12. I actually managed to get started on my RSS project and it works very neatly so far.
If there is an interest in using this application on english feeds I could open a thread in this forum as well.

further comment to 4): the headline is now linked to the article. But the article is not downloaded. Instead it just opens midori and displays it there. Obviously thats much better than it used to be but for what is the point of that? If you need to be online to read the news and if the webbrowser is started for each article you want to read in full, I bet you're much better off to read the news straight away in the webbrowser. But this is not what I found to be the point of an RSS Reader. The RSS reader I aim at developing is downloading not only the feed but the whole article so that you have them on-the-go.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote