View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #11
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Xournal-dr-0.5

I updated the first message with a new update for Xournal with:
- Further improvements to handling large files
Feedback should be better, and I tried to keep it out of suspend, but I did not succeed completely. When the DR gets stuck, press the menu-button and it will start reacting again (mostly after a few seconds).
- Experimental menu option to use non anti-aliased canvas, to speed up screen refreshes
Note that the new settings is only activated after a restart of xournal!
Exporting to pdf should not be touched by this. (Anti-aliasing is done by pdf-viewer.)
The speed improvement for .xoj-files is very big (specially loading a document), so if you are using xournal a lot for taking notes consider disabling anti-aliasing with the new menu option)
- Moved config settings from internal flash to SD-card (/Programs/_config)
Use: Programs->Install->copyXournalConfig.desktop to copy your old settings to the new location
This allows eaier access to to saved config-files
- Detect Encrypt-tag and handle document by rendering each page.
When modification is not allowed, then adding annotations to such a document would produce empty pages. Now the pages are rendered with the annotations and then saved as a new pdf-file. This will give quality loss!
Please keep giving your feedback.
Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote