View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #32
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Speaking from experience looking for a replacement battery for my Gen3, most of the li-polymer batteries for cell phone, pda's, and book readers have the same specs (3.7V, 1000mAh) and look similar in the photos but are all different sizes and have different connectors. I can't find the picture that Robertb posted earlier and I can't pop the back off of my Pocket Pro at the moment, but somewhere on the battery there should be a 6 digit number similar to 503456 (This is the number off of my cybook battery). This number tells you what physical size the battery is - in the cybook's case the battery is 5mm deep x 34mm wide x 56mm long. Unfortunately, even if you can find a battery that matches the dimensions you are looking for, it's unlikely that the connector will be correct. It seems like every device has a different connector!

Astak's price of $14.99 for a replacement battery isn't bad. Bookeen charges $40.00 for the Gen3's replacement batteries (that and the $30.00 shipping fee is one of the reasons I decided to purchase a Pocket Pro).
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote