View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I did a quick search via Google and found Breakers Ahead is available at Google Books. You can download a PDF or ask Google to display the text only. (They use an automated process to OCR the PDF to text.)

Given that Sony has announced a partnership with Google Books, I then went to my Sony eBook Library software and searched the "free classics" for Maynard Barbour and found five books available:
  • At the Time Appointed, published in 1905
  • The Award of Justice; Or, Told in the Rockies: A Pen picture of the West, published in 1901
  • Breakers Ahead, published in 1906
  • Told in the Rockies: A Pen picture of the West, published in 1897
  • That Mainwaring Affair, published in 1900
I downloaed ePub versions of all five books.

I will point out that the automatic OCR conversion done by Google Books produces an low-quality book. But, you can explode the ePub book, open the HTML files in a text editor, and make the appropriate hand-edits to significantly improve the book. Of course, you are encouraged to share your improved version by uploading here!
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote