View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 02:21 AM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Deprecated by whom???

Calibre editor is getting greater each week, but it lacks clips (which can be replaced by Phrase Express or other macro program) and no spell checker which is pretty necessary in finding content errors, as opposed to coding errors.

Much of the difficulty has to do with non-breaking spaces which is not so important for a novelist. As long as it works and as long as you can do backups frequently, stay with it for now.

I have generally switched over to the calibre editor, but since I am transcribing an PDF, now that I am nearly done I have come back to Sigil, hoping I lose nothing in translation for the spellcheck and capitalization features.

$5 for what it is worth, $5 since 2 cents isn't worth a plugged nickel anymore!
Thanks mrmikel. I was just comparing Sigil and the Calibre Editor. Sigil's lines are so much cleaner looking. By comparison Calibre Editor's text looks bunched together. I like much about the Calibre Editor's features,but I'm still leaning toward Sigil. Although I still can't get Sigil on my other Linux computer, so I may have to use the Calibre Editor. I'm sure they'll both do nicely ultimately.

Here's the deprecated screenshot.

P.S. any suggestions on getting Sigil? (Nobody seems to know.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deprecated.png
Views:	262
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	120853  
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote