View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreatGonzo View Post
Plus, we could have a little corner somewhere to argue about where stuff should go! Jules Verne - Fiction or Science Fiction? The Bible - Fiction or Non-Fiction? E. A. Poe - Horror or Fiction? Oh, the possibilities are endless, really ... As a bookseller, I normally get paid to have this kind of argument, but I wouldn't mind having it in my spare time...
Well the first thing would be to define a list of terms for genre. For example the Bible point is mute if you have a genre called religion.

I tend to prefer more break downs of genre. Everything is either fiction or non-fiction so if there is a choice of horror or fiction then horror gets the nod as it is more specific. You only use the most generic terms when you don't have a choice. In some cases a book defies categorization and needs to be in more than one category I suppose.

I am surprised that most of the eBook readers don't already do category. I use this feature a lot in my eBookwise 1150.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote