View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
If you have good eyes and don't mind tiny text, a 6" Sony reader could work. Landscape will probably be a bit better than portrait, but maybe not much, because Sony's landscape is "half the page," not "width of the page, for however many pages that takes." Sony's landscape does okay with Letter or A4 sized pages, but if they get far from the 1:1.3 ratio, it puts extra whitespace on the sides & makes them smaller.
With good eyes, a 6" reader can display an A4 document with 12 point text, but any smaller and it borders on unusable (though still OK in landscape, if just doing documents without any hurry).
I prepare an A4 article with 12pt Chaparral for work twice a week and am able to view it on a 6" screen just fine, even in portrait mode. The text is super-tiny, but still readable, and landscape is fine. I wouldn't want to try smaller print than that though.

I'd imagine a scan of a smaller book would look OK, though a little bit on the small side for those with poorer eyesight.

Good point on the aspect ratio thing though...if the book block is too narrow (which it often is, unless you're using like a Daily Edition or something), it might cause problems with white space.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 11-12-2010 at 05:58 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote