View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #17005
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Carolyn Keene (Mildred Wirt Benson) & Kerry Greenwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
I really enjoyed reading The Secret of the Wooden Lady!

Chasing Suspect Three the 4th and last of the Sandy Reid Mysteries was just great and I sure hope that Rod Hoisington continues this series.

I've just started reading the next book of the Nancy Drew Mysteries The Clue of the Black Keys (Nancy Drew #28) by Carolyn Keene (Mildred Wirt Benson) and, as usual, am looking forward to it.

Recently there have been several posts in this thread concerning Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher #1) by Kerry Greenwood and these posts got me interested in possibly exploring the series. This is the first one and was available as a freebie on Amazon at the time of the afore-mentioned posts, so I grabbed a copy. Then I found a DVD (NetFlix) of an Australian TV series based on these books. So instead of reading the first book I got the first DVD of the TV series. It was quite enjoyable and now I'm going to start the series and try the first one.
The Clue of the Black Keys was a fun read.

I really liked Cocaine Blues and decided by the end I was going to continue with the series. Calibre's 'get books' feature found a good deal on a bundle of the first 6 books in the series (it was a good deal even though I already had book one [free from Amazon]) at Diesel Books for $17.16.

So now on to Mystery at the Ski Jump (Nancy Drew #29) by Carolyn Keene and Flying Too High (Phryne Fisher #2) by Kerry Greenwood

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote