View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Guy View Post
You don't really need KIES for this. It's not even available for Linux, which I use, but I don't ever need it. Calibre can recognize it when it's connected via USB, but I don't even use that capability, although it's nice to use the "send to device" ability. Have you tried it?

I usually just do it wirelessly. You can run the Calibre server, and use the Android app called Calibre Companion to do transfers wirelessly. Or use a reader that can connect to the Calibre server, like Moon+ reader.
Thank you Tech Guy for replying. I have synced wirelessly from Calibre to my T1 with success in the past, but I would like to connect PC to my SSGT, not sure why, but I just would prefer to sync it this way, at least for the first time. From the post above it sounds like I'd need the KIES software to do this? My computer just won't recognize the SSGT. Thank you for any help you can provide.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote