View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #14
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNF View Post
That looks to be the original PUBLISHED version, which is still cut down from the completely uncensored version Wilde originally wrote that's just been released.
well, from what I read in the Guardian (the link in the first message is to a newspaper that in turn reports the news from the Guardian) this looks like the original one - as a check I noted that the file I attach has the sentence
Quote:
"It is quite true I have worshipped you with far more romance of feeling than a man should ever give to a friend. Somehow I have never loved a woman"
(see the last paragraph on page 56 in the attachment) which, according to the Guardian article is not in the censored version (as you can check by e.g. comparing the sentence above with the one toward the end of chapter 9 in the EPUB version here on mobileread), which, as reported in the Guardian, instead reads the more tame
Quote:
"from the moment I met you, your personality had the most extraordinary influence over me."
And indeed, on the page I linked it does state that this is the first version.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote