View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #100
kdittyr
uber noob
kdittyr began at the beginning.

Device: nook, iPhone
I was surprised to go to sonystyle's website to look at their readers and the price difference of the pocket to the touch was only $30 (touch being $199), yet the difference between the touch and the daily was $150 (daily being $349). I think people were right in that the lower end of the market will fluctuate price-wise, however, you reach a market point where people are willing to pay for certain things like a large screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Either the publisher is screwing around trying to see if ebook readers will still pay the higher price or they're just incompetent about getting price changes done when the mmpb is released is the question. Back in the earlier days of ebooks this "forgetting" to lower the ebook price was quite common and would usually only get changed when the publisher was called on it. Hatchette and Macmillan especially seemed to have this problem in the past.
I didn't know that, that kind of blows. Willful ignorance? Actually, I guess they might just hope that nobody notices.

Is it that the ebook market hasn't really hit a schedule of sorts? I think what I mean is that publishers are playing with it because they figure the quality doesn't change like the difference in binding between hardcover and paperback.

Last edited by kdittyr; 06-23-2010 at 03:54 PM.
kdittyr is offline   Reply With Quote