View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestor View Post
Since some users reported that the Hanlin v5 is less contrasty than the v3, I suspect that with higher level grayscale (8 to 16) the screen contrast would be sacrificed a bit? I've laid eyes on a Kindle 2 before and I noticed that the screen contrast was not as good as my v3. What do you guys think?
I do not think it is inherent in the format but some fonts seem not as dark depending on how the font was defined, such as reserving the darkest color for bold. People have been able to pick different fonts for the V5 to improve the contrast and this problem has been forwarded to Jinke for resolution. I personally showed a comparison of the darkness to Jinke at the CES show.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote