View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #50
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieClarken View Post
Let's be clear: we can get the book. We just can't get it exactly how we want it.

I like listening to audiobooks. Should I give books one star whenever they aren't released in that format? What if the book isn't released in my language? What if I want the paperback version when only the hardcover is available? One star for every book!

-- If you want, sure. You do of course have to take into account that audiobooks of course are much more expensive and an additional lengthy process compared to producing an ebook. Making an ebook THAT IS ALREADY AVAILABLE be purchasable is not a resource issue.

If the intent of this campaign is to hurt the sales of the books, you know perfectly well you are misleading people. It is no justification to say people who just look at the ratings are dumb or lazy and so get what they deserve. I have found Amazon's aggregate ratings to be a useful way of deciding between books and it disturbs me that this sort of angry internet mob behaviour can disrupt a functioning system.

-- Too bad. If you dislike protest that much, you don't have much choice except to move to another planet. Amazon themselves have disrupted a few functioning systems. If you believe any one source of information without reservation or checking, as has been pointed out, you are dumb. Any librarian will tell you this.

If the book isn't available as an ebook, don't buy it. You have cost the publisher and author one sale. If that is not enough, blog or twitter about your disgust. It is wrong to mislead other readers into not buying books by vandalising Amazon's rating system for selfish ends.
-- It is much better to express your disgust in a higher profile venue where it will be noticed as far as that goes.

Selfish ends? Amazon is about making money. The whole thing is selfish to start with. So is book publishing or retailing. That's a ludicrous argument.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote