View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #28
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Apologies not needed.
Differences of opinion are acceptable.

I was just pointing out that the term "juvenile" is not generally used these days and most reviewers/commenters I've seen use YA instead. Also, I'm referring to the series, as it exists.

The adult viewpoints persist in the second volume but more as vignettes and filler between the Faith and Sophia segments. Where Sophia barely got much pov coverage in the first, she gets more airtime in the second. Indeed, a problem I see is how Stacey just disappears from the narrative early in volume 2.

Things may play out differently in volume 3 and later, and I hope at some point he picks up the thread of the corporate retreats, but so far I see the narrative sticking mostly with the girls because they're the ones with the mobility.

That said, the takeaway I hope people get is that the series is fun action-SF suitable for most audiences. Despite the authors reputation in some circles.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote