View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #19
pureambient
on twitter: @pureambient
pureambient began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I don't care about ambient music when I read, and definitely don't want anything using up more ereader battery. (Music might be nice--if it were never the wrong style for the scene, and the earphones never got in the way. And, of course, if it ate no battery life.) But I have friends who do like it; I'll point them at the site.

I'd also suggest looking into podcast & podfic communities, because those have an interest in putting ambient music behind audiobooks & other presentations.
Hello Elfwreck

Thanks for your suggestions. I am not getting an enormous amount of response from authors or developers, so I will absolutely take up your suggestions to check out the podcast/podfic communities - that's most helpful.

I do understand and respect your viewpoints - battery life is important, and - the primary purpose of the device is reading.

I hope though that in the future - battery life will improve, and those issues won't be an issue any more.

And if the music were embedded in the content - well, of course, an e-book with sound would eat batteries faster than one without - but hopefully, as the technology develops, these issues will become less and less of a concern.

I am trying to take the long view, I am thinking I'd be happy to collaborate on e-books, magazines or graphic novels containing sound - carefully integrated sound - maybe in 3 to 5 years' time. If sooner, great, but in the meantime, your objections are both valid and duly noted.

And thank you for pointing anyone to the site to download the tracks, maybe if they like it enough they might convince you to at least try it....

I live in hope!

Thanks very, very much for your honest comments and insights - they are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave
pureambient is offline   Reply With Quote