View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
chaley, I now realize you are not familiar with Stanza so I took a screenshot on my Touch that may help explain things.

It shows the summary page from within Stanza for a book that has no custom metadata. All the default metadata fields within Calibre for this book are filled in (except for series). But for as long as I can remember since I've been using the Stanza app, the only thing that shows up on the summary page in Stanza is author, title, series (if applicable), tags, and what's in the comments field. Nothing else, including ISBN or dates. And this was fine.

I created two custom long notes fields and now whatever is in them shows up below the tags and before whatever is in the comments field, which is where I put the title synopsis. So if I put something really lengthy in the long notes field, that is what fills the screen and I have to scroll way down to get the book synopsis.

Thing is, some custom data does not show up on this Stanza page -- ie, things in a comma separated text field. Nor does some default data like ISBN or dates.

So, is this Stanza deciding what to show and what not to show? If so, is there anyway I can circumvent that when it comes to custom long notes fields which I would like to keep only on my PC in the Calibre database?

PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote