View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
This seems to be an issue with KF8 ebooks on the Paperwhite. I've ran into the exact same problem with "Times New Roman" being defined using an inline style on virtually every html element. This seems to prevent the user from changing to any other font. Any user agent, whether it be a web browser, ebook reader, etc., shouldn't behave that way; the user should always be able to select their preferred font.
Yes, that seems to be the case. Although I don't think that it's a KF8 book. File claims that the .azw3 file is 'mobipocket'.

Quote:
For now, the only solution is to do as you have done by converting to mobi, request a refund and post a scathing review about poor publishing, or try to contact Kindle customer support.
I've left 1-star reviews and hope that the issue will be fixed. Hopefully this will be rectified in a future update.

Yes it sounds very similar. (That thread is a veritable goldmine!)
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote