View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #19
kidslumber
Children's Author
kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kidslumber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Books on the Nexus 7

I have no trouble putting books on my N7. I already had my epub's in calibre. I keep my pdf books in a separate folder. To transfer epub's I have the choice of:
  • Switching on the calibre server and then connecting with the calibre bookmark in my chrome browser to browse my calibre libraries; or
  • Using airdroid to move the file from my computer to my N7

For pdf's I use the Airdroid app to transfer files.

For reading epub's I use FB Reader and for pdf's I use Repligo reader. Both support dictionary lookups.

I don't use the book reading app that comes with the N7.

As for likes:
  • battery life
  • speed
  • screen resolution

Dislikes:
  • Having to use the side button to unlock the screen
  • It's heavier than a Kobo (I know, it's also much more powerful)
  • No SD card slot

Last edited by kidslumber; 08-15-2012 at 02:08 AM.
kidslumber is offline   Reply With Quote