View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
Every time I input a word file to the library or reader it takes on the name 'Tell Me' instead of its original one.
Is there anything I can do about this?
There are many possible ways you can deal with this problem:

- Go into the document properties of the Word document, check to see if the document title is "Tell Me," and then change the title. Since the document is converted into an RTF file when it is placed on your ereader, this might be where the problem lies.

- Save the ebook as an RTF file (dispensing with the conversion process via the Sony Reader Library) and load the RTF file on your ereader. When I load RTF files on my ereader, the name of the ebook is the same as the RTF file's filename. I use a freeware word processor called Jarte when writing RTF files, but as far as I know all word processors support this format.

- Use OpenOffice.org or StarOffice to generate your PDFs. When creating the OpenDocument file from which I generate my ebook, I go into the document's properties, set the title of the book, and generate the PDF. When I load the PDF ebook into the Sony Reader Library and on my ereader, what I entered as the ebook's title will be displayed as the title of the ebook, rather than the filename.

- After generating the PDF, you can edit the PDF's metadata to reflect the correct title (and other information such as the author). I've used a freeware program called "BeCyPDFMetaEdit" to do this.

I hope one of the above will solve the problem.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote