View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #16
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Here, let me explain something I figured out with the developer's package.
1. When the developer's package is requested, it will modify /mnt/settings/registry/registry.xml and add some lines to make shell script runnable from contentlister.
2. If the modifying process not completed, it will corrupt registry.xml. When iLiad boot up, it will check if registry.xml is valid. If not valid, it will try to read the previous working backup. If loading of the previous backup of registry.xml also fails, iLiad becomes a brick.
3. Reflash-from-CF with "format" option will clear both the root file-system (/dev/tffsa1) and /mnt (/mnt/tffsa7). If it's done, iLiad got reprogrammed and everything should be fine again.

iRex can do the reprogramming in some other way, not with CF, but through cable, I guess.

If your iLiad is hardware-healthy, a successful reflash-from-CF will do the reprogramming. Check if your CF is good. Check if reflash-contents is good. Check if you press the CONNECT button correctly to trigger iLiad load reflash-contents from CF. If these steps don't make things better, there is nothing you can do to save your iLiad.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote