View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #11
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
The page turns works great except there seems to be a pause when changing chapters. I assume it's calculating the page numbers? The eReader app takes a lot longer to calculate when you change font or orientation and I assume it's doing the same thing.
In ePub, it is a best practice to use more than a single XML flow for a file. On Feedbooks, whenever we have a page break (between chapters for example), we create a new flow. When you get to the next chapter, the reading system loads the new flow which explains the delay.

Quote:
Okay, so I opening the file I was having trouble with, left the ball spinning while I ate dinner, and it finished. It was a really quick-and-dirty conversion from e-reader, and it had no TOC, so the spinning ball was while it formatted(?) about 1900 iphone pages all in one large chapter. The bad news is that it seems to spin just as long if I exit the program and re-open the book. Looks like I'll have to spend some time in BD/Mobicreator.
For a proper TOC, I would advise you to use ePub. It's the only file format with a proper support for TOC, through the use of NCX files.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote