View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
Calibre uses the QT QPrinter widget to generate a pdf and that causes bad pagebreaks. Calibre first converts any file format to html and then uses QPrinter to create the pdf the same as the webkit browser. There are better programs available to convert from the html to pdf without the bad pagebreaks. What I do is convert the ebbok to htmlz and then unzip to find the index.html file. Then you can convert the html to pdf using a browser with a pdf printer and save to file. I have also tried the xhtml2pdf program and the wkhtmltopdf with patched QT static version. I prefer the xhtml2pdf except I had to learn to do that just the way I wanted. I think you can find what you want with these alternatives.
donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote