View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
txoof
txoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with otherstxoof plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3
Hardware Hack - a DIY lighted cover

I'm working on a DIY lighted cover for a Kindle 3. I have the majority of the light and cover designed for a prototype, but I don't have access to an authentic K3 lighted cover to reference for the metal binding hooks. I posted over on an accessories thread looking for some help, but haven't gotten any bites.
What I need is a good picture of the upper clip so I can fabricate my own. So far I've managed to copy the lower clip from an image I found via google, but the upper clip is too badly distorted me to copy.
If there's anyone out there that would be willing to take individual pictures of both clips, I would greatly appreciate the help.
An image similar to the one below that has a mm scale included would be fantastic.

(the above image is my best guess as to what the bottom clip looks like)

For fellow hardware hackers, you may find this information useful:
  • Power ports provide ~4V
  • Top clip is positive
  • Bottom clip has two fingers that must both be displaced to enable power

Last edited by txoof; 01-30-2011 at 02:47 PM.
txoof is offline   Reply With Quote