View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #45
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post

I haven't looked at how easy or otherwise it is to get the finished text "out" of these applications - if I want to get the manuscript to a publisher, for example - but I shall at some stage.

Overall, I can see why these can be of use, but as yet none has become my preferred option, but we shall see as time passes.
My experience, fwiw, is that the actual writing takes a lot longer than the conversion to e-book, so much longer that the conversion process has to be relearnt every time. So it's the writing phase which needs one's attention. You have to be comfortable with that.

Then most text handling programs can export in a variety of formats, .doc, .rtf, .pdf, .html, hopefully also .odt, and at that stage one can select the choice that best fits one's conversion method and the vague memory of how one did it most successfully last time.

Hence my plugs for Scrivener and LibreOffice. They're creative tools which can feed technical conversion tools later.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote