View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #173
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
Is there any (easy) way to modify the size of a font? One of my favorite fonts on the K3 and K4 is called Fanwood Text, but on the Paperwhite it renders as either too small or too large. When viewed on the second highest setting (to the right,) it is just a shade too large. If I could either make the font a bit smaller or a bit larger, then it would be just right. Is there any program where I could do this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I heard that there was a light version of that program available for free, is that option not available with the free version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There is no free version of Font Creator Pro. You may be thinking of Type Lite 3.2. which is free.
Yes and no. What you want can be done very easy with the free Type Light 3.2. I just did it. What might take some experimenting is what number will work for you. This is how you fix the size of the font:

Open font in Type Light, go to Font->Metrics and change the number for EM Unit size. That number says how many units of the fonts make up one em. The bigger the number the smaller the font will be, smaller number and font will get bigger. You can play with those numbers a little bit. The downside is, that linespacing will stay the same. So if you make the font smaller by increasing the em unit size, then the linespacing will increase. The other way around, making the font bigger will decrease the line spacing. Many fonts use standard 2048 units per em. The font I was playing with (Tektron Pro) is set to 1000 units per em. Since line spacing will increase by making the font smaller, I suggest you make the font bigger. If the lines are too tight, then you can just select a higher setting on the Kindle for line spacing. Here are some screenies all done with the highest font size and smallest line spacing on PW.

This is the standard look of Tektron Pro with 1000 units per em. Next screenshot is my modified version at 700 units:
As you can see the line spacing is smaller relative to the font on the modified version. Now since the font is bigger, you can choose a smaller font size setting. The jumps in size are smaller on the smaller sizes - the big ones have big steps. So all should be good for you.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 01-21-2013 at 07:55 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote