Thread: Battery life!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 01:27 AM   #70
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Almost all of the e-Book readers advertise the battery life in terms of page turns. I doubt if any really get all the pages they claim although some are better than others. The way the up to 8,000 pages is achieved is by setting there and pressing the button over and over again as fast as it will go on a page with only text and no formatting. In the real world things like book uploads, downloads, computer power consumed while you are looking at the page, the page formatting, drawing pictures, loading the book in the first place all takes computer power. Initially most people play with the unit when they first get it and that typically uses much more computer power.

A 1,000 seems low once you settle down to using it like it was designed but I doubt that Kobo ever actually measured it. Most probably they are quoting the Netronix value which was calculated in a lab some place using TXT format which the Kobo doesn't even support. ADE is a power hungry application and the database is power hungry as well I suspect.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote