View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #38
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZed View Post
What a mess. Okay, I'll yank the 5.10 code in the next release.

Could you please run 'perl -v' for me on your Mac and let me know exactly what version is installed? Early versions of 5.8 had some really ugly bugs that I'd rather not have to think about, IIRC, so I'm tempted to force at least 5.8.8, but I need to know if the MacOSX Perl can be counted on to be at least that high.
OS X Tiger has perl 5.8.6. OSX's support for open source libraries is in general very poor, they tend to be outdated and buggy, which is why I decided to bundle custom compiled versions with calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote