View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #29
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Just for comparison, this is what that image looks like using 584 x 754 as the max dimensions using PDFRead (default settings) and outputing to .lrf format in portrait and landscape modes.

BTW, this .lrf was prepared using the Sony bug-fixed pdfread.exe command line program (v1.8.2.1).
I apologise for not earlier replying, but I'm a bit busy lately.
I'll give those documents a look, and will let you know.
Obviously reducing the resolution will reduce the quality.
But perhaps in the document you post the quality loss is unnoticable.

So far on full screen (non-zoomed out) I could not detect any difference between jpegs with a greater than 754x566 pixels .
But probably it also has to do with filesize. A 754x566 pixels 128kB jpeg fil might look exactly the same as a 800x600pix 128kB file...

I'm a newbie here, and know very little of all of this, but perhaps I can help to figure out the 'best' pixel width and length for comic books.
For pure B&W (non graytint) comic books,gif is the best format. But the Sony reader does not support that format.

I'll do further testing later on.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote