View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #124
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
After two hours and no change, I had to have my pc back, so I went ahead and canceled the updater program. After telling it, yes, I really did want to cancel, the updater program shut down.

The Mini didn't show as being connected to my pc, so I disconnected the usb cable and reconnected it. The Windows 'Found New Hardware' balloon popped up and asked to look for a device driver. I closed the balloon and my Mini still didn't show as connected. I unplugged it and replugged it back in and the 'Found New Hardware' balloon popped up again. This time I had it look on my pc and it found two drivers and they differed by only the last number, I think? I chose the first one listed and after the balloon closed, my Mini was still unrecognized and still unresponsive. I disconnected/reconnected it again and it still doesn't show up.

The Mini is totally unresponsive and simply shows its usb connected symbol on its screen.

Its red charging indicator light was one for a while it was connected to pc after the failed update, showing it was charging, and that has gone off.

Won't turn on, nor respond to a paper clip in the factory reset hole.

I connected it to my other pc and the 'Found New Hardware' balloon popped up on that one. I'd like to try and have Windows load a driver, but have no idea how to point it in the right direction.

I also made a disc image of my Mini's drive before I updated, but it's not much use since I can't access the device.

Any ideas?

Forgot to mention that after canceling the updater program, I was left with a new desktop shortcut to the TrekStor LiveSuite.exe program. When I click that, it opens a LiveSuite Firmware Upgrade Tool. It asks you to select the firmware you want to update, but since my Mini isn't recognized by the pc, I can't select its firmware

Last edited by euro traveler; 06-03-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention LiveSuite.exe
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote