View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
wildcolor
Enthusiast
wildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitywildcolor has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle 4nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hi
cross posting is a pain, chasing you about giving you answers. : )

Let's just consolidate your thoughts on this to this thread and I will ask an admin to move my answer here from the other thread.

Thanks
Hello Twobob. Thanks a lot for your reply. I really appreciate it. And sorry for the cross post, I am really really looking forward to solving my problem.

Now, I tried to follow your steps in your previous post. But I still failed. Here is what I did:

1> Jailbreak (I did the day before)
2> connect usb to my win7 PC.
3> copy "update_usbnetwork_0.46.N_k4_install.bin" to my kindle root folder.
4> "update" kindle. (it reboots itself).
5> go to kindle root. go to usbnet/etc/config. change ip to 192.168.15.1 & 192.168.15.201
6> create "ENABLE_DIAGS" in the root of kindle
7> restart kindle
8> go to Misc Individual ... -> utilities -> enable USBnet -> X
9> my win7 finds a device and installs a driver automatically.
10> win7 PC control panel -> network & sharing centre -> I see one more connection "Local Area Connection 3"
11> its properties shows it has a name "USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget#2"
12> change IPv4 to 192.168.15.201
13> now if I ping 192.168.15.201 from PC, it has a good connection
14> Run "Putty".
15> Host ip is 192.168.15.244 with port 22.
16> "network error: connection refused"
wildcolor is offline   Reply With Quote