Thread: Worst Book
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #90
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
The worst book I've ever read has to be A Tale of Two Cities, which we had to read at school. Its left me with an abiding hatred of all ADULT English classics especially Dickens. I can't even watch adaptations on TV.
It's sad when that happens - I don't support the general dumbing down'of education that's happened over the past few decades, but something that's too challenging can result in exactly this dislike. I would encourage you to watch an adaptation, though - it really is a wonderful story, and I often find that a film can help people understand a book because the characters are more real to them. I prefer the Ronald Colman version, but the later version with Dirk Bogarde is more true to the book.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote