View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 05:13 AM   #12
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have to ask why anyone would wish to count the books that they read? It seems as pointless as counting the number of times that you blink, or the number of steps that you take every day. What on earth is the point?
on a serious note - counting books is not a target, it is more of a consequence, since I do keep a list of books that I have read, and that I want to read, for reference and prioritization purposes and to be able to reflect on. Also for improvement of reading habits - "woo, too much sci-fi this year, have to do some novels too." It is the same reason people go on diets and start counting calories, to be able to control and direct their habits to a better choice and balance, rather than gorging on fastfood/fastread there is out there, without thinking.
Also, having slightly busier life definitely rams into time that could be allocated to reading books - so it helps to be able to compare your current reading habits with say the ones of last year -say, since i only did about 30 books last year - I would definitely want to increase this number this year.
So not as meaningless as one might think.

Last edited by mrzerga; 09-15-2010 at 05:19 AM.
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote