View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I made a test file in Word. I named the file "Calibre Test.rtf".

In the document properties, I entered "Test of title and author" in "Title" line and "Last name First name" in the "Author" line. Those are what displayed when I imported the RTF document into Calibre.

When you first install Office (or Word, if alone), it asks you to enter your name. And it feeds that to the Author line of every document's properties unless you change it. Perhaps, if that's all that's entered, Calibre uses the filename for the Title, but your name for the Author?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre test - properties.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	19198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Test - calibre.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	19199  
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote