Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #54
Shai-Hulud
Silicon Book Worm
Shai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud ofShai-Hulud has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
In my case, I use sideloaded epubs almost exclusively, and I use Calibre to manage my library and transfer books. Wireless has never been configured, and is always off.
Same but my wireless is configured, just hardly used.

Quote:
I can't think of any other setting that might have an impact.
I can think of a few. Font (possibly non-standard font rendering but definitely size), screen refresh rate, sleep/power off settings, reading life event checking and database updates..... Actually typing this I've just had a further thought: with various social reading aspects and marketing being woven into the UI, I wonder if we also have periodic background checking for connection to the outside world which loops when wifi is off?

Quote:
If this one failed, I would love to send this directly back to a Kobo representative. (Sameer, are you listening?)
There's a wall-of-silence around power issues which suggest that Kobo policy is not to comment. This unhelpful stance means I expect they're going to be fielding a lot of RMA'd units.
Shai-Hulud is offline   Reply With Quote