View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #22634
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I assume there are quite a large number of Christians there,
This is not a correct assumption. The most up to date number I could find on it is about 1% of Japan is Christian....that was as of 2010.

BUT we need to remember there are two different holidays celebrated on 12/25 with the same name. There is the secular partying/Santa loving commercialized holiday, and the Christian high holiday. Japan, among other non-christian groups has embraced the secular holiday. Jews, and atheists alike often celebrate the secular version of Christmas.

This not to say some Christians do not celebrate both versions (I would guess most do) but not all do. Their is a similar problem at Easter - which is really the most important day of the Christian year.

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote