View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #72
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
No. I'm just posing a hypothetical question: Would you write if you knew no one would ever read your book?

Yes, my books have been bought/downloaded. But if I believed I would never sell another book, or even be able to give one away, it would negatively impact my desire to write anything new. (And I refuse to believe I'm the only one who feels that way.)
You're not. I agree. There are many forms of writing though and I do suppose some people write only for themselves, but if so it should be journal writing.

For me writing is about sharing ideas/information/emotions/situations. I (and many others) don't feel a piece of writing is completed until the reader completes it by reading and interpreting it in their own way.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote