Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #47
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
But how on earth can yours run on the main partition in 5.1.0, if they removed data.tar.gz extraction logic from that version? Or am I getting something completely wrong here?
Hmm... I thought that I upgraded my K5 to 5.1.0. I just looked in device settings and see 5.0.4.

Now I do not KNOW if my method works booted from main. But I think it should work from diags...

EDIT: Now installing 5.1.0 update... Hmm... update error 006. I only have yifanlu's jailbreak and simple usbnet, and x11vnc on here. Any suggestions? I do not have time to reflash 5.0.0 right now to try updating from 5.0.0 to 5.1.0. Maybe later... (maybe now -- uploading 5.0.0 to k5 /mnt/us now...)

EDIT 2: Now this is strange. All I did was delete /etc/upstart/launcher.conf, but after reboot from diags SSH to main, the launcher menu still works. And now the update to 5.1.0 also worked. The only difference was the launcher.conf file. After the 5.1.0 update the launcher menu is no more...

EDIT 3: On 5.1.0, my data.tar.gz only INSTALLS with ENABLE_DIAGS, but then after a reboot it will run RUNME.sh from main boot or from diags boot. I have a RUNME.sh that can be added to the data.tar.gz that automatically changes to bootmode main and reboots.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-01-2012 at 05:17 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote