View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
clear, there are two concepts.

1) The first is the format. As discussed, mobi and ePub are currently the most common and popular.

2) Sometimes someone (the publisher or the author) adds DRM to the format.

I have had my jetBook Lite since Christmas, and so far I have not purchased any books with DRM, but I have downloaded a few free mobi books from Amazon that have DRM. I intend to remove the DRM before loading those books onto my jetBook Lite. (I need to first study how to do that.)

Books available from Project Guttenburg do not have DRM.

By the way, it is my understanding that currently ePub is more popular in Europe, and mobi is more popular in the US. This is primarily a reflection of the fact that different eBook readers are popular in the two markets.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote