View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I would recommend against hard line breaks. Wrapping of text in tooltips is handled at the toolkit level but as you've found it doesn't do a very good job. Still it would be better not to have two wrappings competing for each other. At least not until some testing has been done to ensure there won't be issues.
That's what I thought, but I encounter several "\n" in the original English strings. Most are in items corresponding to command line help, where I guess they're wanted, but some of them seem to be in GUI items too.

Quote:
Can you give me an example string or a file name. I'm not exactly sure where in the source tree this is.
Sure:

#: /home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/dialogs/config.py:168
msgid " plugins"
msgstr ": complementos"

#: /home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/customize/__init__.py:182
msgid "Metadata reader"
msgstr "Lector de metadatos"

In English that makes "Metadata reader plugins". In Spanish it should be "Complementos de lectores de metadatos", but due to the way it's coded (the two strings seem to be concatenated), I had to make it "Lector de metadatos: complementos".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote