View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
1) I save my files in a folder structure. I presume I can copy the save template I have in my Android driver plugin to the wireless driver window.
That's what I did, copied my save template to the SmartDevice App interface.

Quote:
But what about my plugboard? I don't want to use the "any device" as I have different plugboards for my Sony and Android tablet.
I don't know how plugboards apply to this driver. The default presentation (see attached) of information is exactly the way I had my Sony metadata plugboard setup so I never looked into this possibility of altering it.

Quote:
2) When I connect my device using USB, I know Calibre reads the metadata file that is on my device. Based on that, it will check which books are on my device.
I don't have a device that can connect via the standard Android USB device plugin. Mine connects via MTP. When I connect via MTP calibre does seem to use CC's file on the device to recognize what books are installed as well as scanning the entire device. Since connecting to calibre via MTP using the USB cable is slower than connecting to the device via the wireless connection I never connect to calibre via USB.

Since I don't use the Content server or standard USB I can't speculate about your other questions.

It will be interesting reading chaley's response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-27 22.18.00.png
Views:	655
Size:	377.0 KB
ID:	97303   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-27 22.15.14.png
Views:	527
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	97305  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-05-2012 at 03:49 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote