View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #33
Miss
Connoisseur
Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Miss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 360+
I really like dogs and responsible dog owners.

For those with dogs bothering them, have you considered carrying around pepper spray and using it on any that come too close?

My pet peeve is parents who don't bother to teach their kids the basics about not approaching a dog without the owner's permission. I've actually watched as a parent sees a stranger with their dog and immediately encourages the child to "go pet the nice doggie." It's as if the notion that the dog might not take kindly to the approach doesn't even enter their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDln View Post
Another annoying thing I have seen are the dogs who bark at night. There is a dog in one of the houses close to front part of our house. Once our guest could not sleep well. Our bed room is in the back and we never heard any barking. What to do in this kind of situation. I am not aware of any laws against this kind of annoying habit of a dog.
One possible solution is a remote bark silencer. You can set it up on your own property and it will affect the dogs nearby. I ended up getting one when some neighbors' dogs were keeping me awake. Now I only turn it on as needed, and it is very effective.
Miss is offline   Reply With Quote