View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 04:09 PM   #13
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
I read this thread before watching any show on my vox and was expecting something of a good picture. But nothing so great as it is. Such a clear, crisp picture.. I admit it's better than my (crappy) tv, maybe even laptops to some extent. (Maybe because I can hold closer)

I'm quite amazed at it. I never expected to be THAT good. I use VLC because that's what I use on my computers.

The only thing that's disappointing is the one lone speaker.
--------------------------------------------------

Buy a set of Bose QuietComfort 15 headphones...and be amazed by the clarity of the soundtrack...as well as the silence within any environment. With these, you can read, cruise the Net, at any location...Starbucks, Chapters, Tim Horton's...parkbench...anywhere and background noise and clatter goes off into the sonic sunset. Pricey...but WOW...what performance. Also, it has ample volume without the need to use an in line headphone amplifier with the Vox, and most any other mp3 player. Just a suggestion....

Edit: .... you can remove the cable and use only the headphones to silence the reading environment. This is advantageous, in that you can concentrate on the book, movie soundtrack and/or music file, and not the conversations and other noise going on around you... I think that the QuietComfort 15's should be on the Christmas list for anyone owning any sort of eReader/MP3 player that gives you a 'portable', quiet library environment. The headphones use 1 (one) AAA battery which will last you a very economical 30 hours or more. Rechargeable ones also work. These are a 'must have' if you want to use your Vox to read or watch a movie cruising in the clouds, where I'd imagine a lot of owners would turn it on!

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 11-23-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote