View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #256
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyspeptica View Post
But I really want an automated method of creation including the cover. It looks like I may get asked to produce *individualized* copies of various books. I want the cover to show the title etc. but I may need to insert individualized dedications, and photos (gifs). Doing that is not difficult, while still in the html file stage, but the cover conversion is a sticky wicket. Would be nice!
If that's the case, I think you are beyond calibre. But, automating this outside of calibre wouldn't be to hard.

As an epub is just a zip file, replacing a file is as simple as running a zip command with the appropriate replace option. For this, I think I would extract the epub into a folder and then create a batch file that took the individualized files, copied them to the extracted epub folder and then zipped this folder up and named it appropriately.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote