View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #16
m00min
Connoisseur
m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad / NST / Kobo
I was all set to buy one of those new front-lit ereaders this year (probably a Kobo Glo). It would have been used in addition to my Sony 350, no way am I parting with that. In the end a bought an iPad Mini. I can read ALL my books on it, rather than splitting literature and textbook PDFs across devices.

I admit that reading about problems with the light technology on these new class of readers didn't help. I can still see me using my Sony but it will be for reading outside or on holiday, not having to charge it every night is definitely an advantage. The only feature that could make me upgrade the Sony is wifi, but given where I'd be using it even that doesn't seem so much of a draw now.

Basically, an ereader is a single purpose device, mine still does the job so I won't upgrade it. I'm not surprised they're seeing a sales dip.
m00min is offline   Reply With Quote