View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxopher
As for the flashes, for most of us using the readers, the point was that it doesn't seem to bother us because, well, you guys are right, we got used to it very quickly. But what is it about that one particular action that seems to turn so many people away? Even people who were really interested in them often see the refresh and decide that single point is enough to outweigh all the benefits offered.
[/QUOTE]

I think it is nothing more than a perceptual thing. Just like some people can see the 50Hz (60Hz I guess, in the US ) "flicker" of fluorescent lights, and are bothered by it, while most peope don't see it at all. I just literally do not see the "page turn" on my Sony Reader; my brain just completely "filters it out".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote