View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #399
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
I think that, at last, this thread has finally finished the "piracy is theft" debate. Here's my air-tight logical argument:

A: copyright infringement is theft
B: theft is a crime
C: therefore, copyright infringement is a crime
D: all criminals think that what they do is right
E: people only feel guilt when they think that what they do is not-right
F: therefore, all criminals are not guilty
G: therefore, copyright infringers are not guilty
H: people who are not guilty are not criminals
I: therefore, copyright infringers are not criminals
J: which is a contradiction compared to C

Any assertion that leads to a contradiction is false.
Therefore, copyright infringement is not theft
QED.

Thank goodness for that.

What are you reading?
What's Quantum Electrodynamics got to do with it?

(Yes, I know—after all, I'm the one who submitted the hyper-linked copy of Spinoza's Ethics to MobileRead! The textbooks say it stands for quod erat demonstrandum, which means "that which was to be demonstrated," but I think it means, "So there!")

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-16-2010 at 07:00 PM.