View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:58 PM   #72
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've had some success using simply "sup { line-height: 0}". I assume this uses "vertical-align: super" by default, and some default font-size as well. Since the "super" alignment places the baseline at an appropriate height, setting line-height to 0 does not affect alignment, but "ignores" the superscript when setting the line separation. The downside is for some fonts the superscript may overlap the previous line.
Actually, it seems that 'vertical-align: super' may be the element that's causing the problem, and I suspect you've been overriding that by setting the line-height to 0.

I added another page to the example I prepared in which the vertical-align is set to super instead of top. Note that at the smaller line height values the disruption to the leading is barely noticeable, but when you get to line-height: 1 it's obvious.

The same issue seems to apply to subscripts as well, as the last page in the epub shows.
Attached Files
File Type: epub superscript-test.epub (5.6 KB, 981 views)
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote